Websites for Parents:
Websites for Kids:
- About.com Gifted Children: Carol Bainbridge, an expert on gifted children, maintains this blog, which is chock full of learning ideas, information, and more.
- Traits of Giftedness from the National Association of Gifted Children (NAGC) Click Here
- NAGC, National Association of Gifted Children, works to provide you the tools you need to help your child succeed.
- Social and Emotional Support for a Gifted Learner (SENG) Click Here
- Center for Gifted Youth: Located at Johns Hopkins, this organization engages gifted kids and their families through various programs, including those online programs, summer classes, and even a bi-monthly magazine. Click Here
- Gifted Child Today: This open-access journal is a great read for parents who want to learn more about how to cater to the needs of their gifted child.
- Beyond Intelligence: Dona Matthews, PhD, and Joanne Foster, EdD, authors of the award-winning Being Smart about Gifted Education, and several other titles, are experts on children’s optimal development and education. Our work focuses on children who love to learn, and those who don’t. We provide information and resources for parents and educators who want to provide the necessary supports in the learning process– guidance, challenge, and encouragement.
- Uniquely Gifted by Kiesa Kay
- Living with Intensity by Susan Daniels, Ph.D & Michael Piechowski, Ph.D
- Smart Kids with Learning Difficulties by Rich Weinfeld, Linda Barnes-Robinson, Sue Jewler, & Betty Roffman Shevitz
Websites for Kids:
- Mensa for Kids: Games Click Here
- Storybird: On Storybird, you can create picture books, longform books, and poetry.
- NCTM Illuminations: Free downloaded apps and web versions of math games from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- ABCya This site offers educational games in a variety of categories.
- freerice.com/category An organization that offers kids to review various subject matter and fights to end world hunger.
- Library of Congress Read more on this site to learn more about real world science mysteries!
- Multiplication.com Free multiplication, division, subtraction, and addition games
- Math Goodies Math Goodies is a math help website featuring free interactive lessons, printable worksheets, games and puzzles.
- The Science Explorer – At home or in class science experiments. Site and instructions are simple and easy to follow!
- Bill Nye Science Demos – Science experiments! Make a periscope, clean a penny, atmospheric pressure, test eggshell strength, make carbon dioxide, learn about static electricity, and learn the difference between fresh water and salt water.
- Science News for Students – Science news on atoms and forces, earth and sky, humans and health, life, tech, math, and more.
- Exploratorium – The museum of science, art and human perception.
- Astronomy Games and Puzzles – Lots of free astronomy games for kids
- Biology Games for Kids – Free human biology and animal biology games
- Amusement Park Physics – The science behind the fun!
- Science Fair Projects – Get ideas for your next science fair project
- National Geographic for Kids